Graduating

Victoria was so excited last August, when school started, because she was a senior at last!  School has been a long, challenging journey for her, filled with many ups and downs.  There were times when we thought she might not be able to finish school in a conventional way.  But, last week, she graduated!  And, on top of that, she did so with maximum credits, which means that she took a full class load, and passed every class during her four years of high school. Victoria worked hard and accomplished much.


Now, Victoria is ready for the next step of her life-long journey.  She will be attending West Nebraska Community College in the fall, with plans to transfer to Eastern Wyoming College, twenty-five miles away in Torrington, to complete the course work she needs to become a vet tech. (veterinary technician)  Since her graduation from Gering High School last week, Victoria is one step closer to meeting her goal.

Last fall, as Victoria started her final year of high school, I didn't realize that I was starting my last year of teaching preschool.  I wasn't anticipating my upcoming retirement from teaching.  I really thought that I would continue to teach for a few more years, because I have loved teaching preschool. However, as the year progressed, I sensed that God was leading me in a direction that I had not planned.

So, I have officially retired from my job with Gering Public Schools.  I have taught my last preschool class.  But even though I have retired from teaching, I am not retiring from life!  In a sense, my retirement is more of a graduation.  I will miss my students and the co-workers who have become friends.  But, just like Victoria, it's time for me, too, to set new goals, and do some different things.

I'm hoping to have more energy during the next school year, so I can give Victoria and Levi the support they both will need to continue their educations.  I plan to write a book or two during the next year.  And, I expect to be writing more songs and singing them more often, as God leads.

Life is always an adventure, and I'm not done yet!

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Three Weddings and Too Many Funerals

Introducing Anna

A Little Covid