Cobwebs


It was just a few days ago that I noticed them--cobwebs all over my house! They looked like they had been here for quite a while, in the corners and next to the ceiling. Now, this is both good news and bad news.

First, the good news--I saw them! This means that, since my recent eye surgery, I am seeing details much better than I have in a long time! In fact, my surgeon indicated that my uncorrected distance vision is pretty close to 20/20 for the first time in thirty-some years, and my close vision should be correctable to 20/20 as well, at least in my right eye, when I visit my optometrist in a couple of weeks to get new glasses.

But, the bad news--why didn't anyone else in my family notice those cobwebs and point them out so I could get rid of them or, better yet, why didn't my not-so-expert duster wipe them away? And why didn't eagle-eyed Levi, who hates spiders with a passion, make the connection that those prolific spider webs might indicate an excess of spiders in the house, and why didn't he do something about them? And why didn't my husband and daughters let me know that I had missed seeing them? What else have I missed???

Well, anyway, once I saw the cobwebs, I didn't waste any time pulling out the long-handled duster so I could get rid of them. And now, a certain housecleaning apprentice is going to receive a little extra instruction about where to look for spider webs and hidden dirt--like the dust that was so thick on the top edges of the woodwork. I guess my improved vision might not be considered a blessing for everyone...



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Three Weddings and Too Many Funerals

Introducing Anna

A Little Covid