Blogging Blues

I am feeling discouraged about my blog. If you are one of the few people reading my blog lately, you may have noticed that I'm not writing as often as usual, certainly not once a week, as I have intended. I just can't get excited about writing since my readership has declined so drastically since October.

I can attribute this sudden decline to a couple of things. First of all, Facebook has changed its algorithms again and, this time, it affected my blog immediately, and not for the better. Secondly, Google is dropping Google +, which also directly affects the number of people who read my blog.

I know I am not the only person who is grieving the changes that have been happening on Facebook. For me, and for many others in my extended family, Facebook originally provided a simple, suitable way to communicate when our family was enduring some challenging times. Later, I was pleased to be able to spend a few minutes each day catching up with old friends, and getting to know some newer friends, through the pictures and posts that everyone once shared so freely.

Now, it seems that Facebook has descended to a place where people (and interest groups of all kinds) merely rant about their political views, and advertise the products they want to sell. I suppose I am no better than the rest, when I use Facebook as a convenient place to post a link to my blog.

I truly appreciate the insightful and often beautiful photos posted on the Nebraska Through the Lens Facebook page. My church's Facebook pages provide timely, pertinent information, as do a couple of other pages I regularly read. I appreciate the prayer requests that still pop up in my newsfeed nearly every day, but I miss the daily words of encouragement that used to appear so frequently. I miss people's personal posts about mundane and, sometimes, important events in their lives. I miss the connections that were formed, that seem to have just faded away into cyberspace.

I understand that Internet entities can be fleeting, here today and gone tomorrow, but I am not interested in flitting from one platform to the next, always changing, and never settling into anything resembling stability. Besides, I am at a loss about how to fix the problems I am facing; I've taken several computer classes over the years, and I'm married to an Internet service provider, but it isn't enough to help me navigate the ever-changing possiblilities of the ever-changing Internet.

Any suggestions will be appreciated. In the meantime, I will keep tweaking my methods, trying new ways to get the word out. If you really like a particular blog, please share my link on your Facebook page. If my efforts become too annoying, please let me know.



 Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, with whom there is no change or shifting shadow. James 1:17

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever. Hebrews 13:8

Comments

  1. Love your blog, and I know the difficulty of keeping one going.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Three Weddings and Too Many Funerals

Introducing Anna

A Little Covid