What to Do When "These Kids Are Driving Me Crazy!"

It's been more than a month since I last wrote in my blog. That rarely happens, but I have a good excuse this time. I've been pushing hard to finish my book!


These Kids Are Driving Me Crazy is a book for adults who work with kids with mental health issues. It is currently available on Amazon in Kindle ebook format as well as paperback.

I started the book several years ago, soon after I officially retired from teaching. However, as long as I was homeschooling my son, Levi, I didn't have time to concentrate on writing this book. It was much simpler to publish my first children's book, Grandma Whatcha Doing?, which is also available on Amazon.

I decided that this Covid-impacted winter would be a good time to buckle down and finish writing the book I abbreviate as Crazy!--as in "the thought of actually finishing this book is driving me crazy!" When my church invited me to participate in a book signing earlier this month, I was motivated to have this book ready, too. 

  

Life is all about building relationships, but that can be hard to do in a school or extracurricular setting, or even at home, when so many kids have trouble behaving appropriately in any social situation. As a public school teacher and parent of two kids with diagnosed mental health disorders, I have been exceptionally aware of the need for a book like this, because I have encountered way too many people who struggle to provide what so many kids need--a welcoming environment and a chance to bond with the adults in their lives. 

This book provides some basic information about frequently-diagnosed mental health disorders in children, as well as plenty of well-organized, practical suggestions for anyone who works with children in any capacity. I have also woven in some Real Life stories that were originally included in my blog when I was dealing with challenging situations at home and school on a daily basis.


If you are an Amazon Kindle Unlimited member, you can currently read These Kids Are Driving Me Crazy free of charge. Even if you aren't a member, you can take advantage of their 30-day free trial to read this book and maybe a couple of others, as well. If you order a paperback from Amazon, you can start reading it in just a few days, or local people can buy a book from me and start reading it immediately--I'll even autograph it for you.

Parents, if the information in this book strikes a chord with you, why don't you share the book with others who may benefit from it--your child's teachers and coaches, or even grandparents and other family members who don't really understand your struggles? Teachers who are frustrated with inappropriate school policies or general lack of training can share this book with their co-workers. Bus drivers, substitute teachers, coaches, and private lesson teachers will find specific suggestions for their particular situations, so please share this book with them, too.

This book, These Kids Are Driving Me Crazy!, is written from a Christian perspective with the hope that others can learn from my experiences. Please share it with the people you know who need some extra encouragement as they work with, or live with, any of the millions of kids whose mental health disorders affect their behavior.

Guide me in your truth and teach me, 
for you are God my Savior,
and my hope is in you all day long.
Psalm 25:5 NLT

Here is a sneak peek at one of the chapter heading images from
These Kids Are Driving Me Crazy!







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Three Weddings and Too Many Funerals

Introducing Anna

A Little Covid