Painting the Farm--Take 2


I painted a cornfield today.  Okay, Levi helped with the first half.  You would be safe in assuming that neither of us has ever painted a cornfield before.  I think Mom helped paint one many years ago, though, on the side of a building in Fairbury.  I suppose that it's reasonable to expect Nebraska artists to paint cornfields, at least once in a lifetime.
Meagan and Andy are just finishing the final touches on their new house so they can move in this week.  When the old house was torn down, they were sad that the murals on Toby's nursery walls had to be demolished, too, so I volunteered to paint a new mural in Toby's new room.  They wanted the same farm theme again, but this new room is going to have a John Deere tractor bed in another year or so, when Toby graduates from his crib, so Andy suggested that I paint cornstalks on one wall to make it look as if the tractor bed is driving through a cornfield. 

When Erin helped paint the farm murals in Toby's original nursery, just before he was born, the barn was the hardest part, because it required some careful measuring.  This time, I was on my own.  Again, the measurement was a little challenging, but it was somewhat easier the second time around.  
When I started work on the barn, a couple of weeks ago, Meagan commented that this barn seemed a lot bigger than the first one.  I reminded her that Toby's current bedroom and his first nursery would both fit into his new bedroom, so the new barn mural has to be bigger, too, to be in proportion with the whole room.  I'm so glad that the barn is finally finished, because animals and clouds, and even cornstalks, are much more fun to paint than buildings.  So far, I've painted a cow, a spider, a turtle, and a mouse.

Now that the cornfield is done, I can hardly wait to paint the rest of the animals tomorrow.  I wonder which one will be Toby's favorite...





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Three Weddings and Too Many Funerals

Introducing Anna

A Little Covid