Overwhelming Joy



Ever since I was a young teen, there have been times when I have been aware of God's presence with me.  He promises that he will never leave us or forsake us, but there are some times when he makes sure that we know he is with us.  I am sure that those times are not the same for everyone who trusts in him, but I am equally sure that he will make his presence known to anyone who wants him to be with them.  So, here, in no particular order, are just ten times when I realize that God is with me:

  • When I see a gorgeous sunset over Scotts Bluff National Monument.
  • Whenever the wind blows.
  • When I smell the fresh fragrance of rain.
  • When I sing praise to God by myself or with the radio, and especially with other believers.
  • When I hold a newborn baby.  
  • When I read his Word, the Bible.
  • When I turn to him in prayer.
  • Late at night, when I can't sleep.
  • When I am sick or hurting, or in danger.
  • When I mourn the death of someone I love.

God is always with me, but, sometimes, he gently reminds me that he is here, loving me as no one else can.  Then, no matter where I am or what I am doing, I am filled with astounding, overwhelming, indescribable joy.

You will fill me with joy in your presence.  Psalm 16: 11


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Three Weddings and Too Many Funerals

Introducing Anna

A Little Covid