Magnify My Thanks

A couple of years ago, I heard a friend lamenting that there were very few contemporary Christian hymns of thanks.  As I thought about it, I realized that he was right.  Contemporary Christian music includes many uplifting hymns of praise, but not too many hymns of thanksgiving.  And, I realized that, out of all the music that I've written, none of them could be classified as hymns of thankfulness.  I didn't sit down right then to write a song, but I mulled it over, off and on, for a long time.  Then, one day this past August, seemingly out of the blue, this song happened.  I love it when God surprises me like that!  So now, as we prepare to celebrate another Thanksgiving Day with our families, I'd like to share this song with you as I wish you a Happy Thanksgiving. 

Magnify My Thanks 

Though my faith is little; You give me much:
The crown of life, Your sovereign touch;
The Father's care, the Savior's love,
The Spirit's blessings from above.

How can I thank You, mighty God,
For everything You freely give,
Your love, forgiveness, daily bread,
Your mercies, every day I live?

And when I praise You here below,
Mere thanks can never be enough.
My gratitude is weak, I know.
Lord, magnify my thanks and love;
Lord, magnify my thanks and love!

All thanks to You, my Lord and King,
The God I honor and adore.
Eternal praises I will bring;
I'll bless Your Name forevermore;
I'll bless Your Name forevermore! 

James 1:12; Revelation 2: 10; Psalm 145  

You can click on the video link, below, to hear this hymn.  Yes, with plenty of help from Erin and Victoria, I've finally figured out how to publish my music on YouTube! 

I've never considered myself a soloist--in  fact, singing solos sometimes makes me feel very nervous.  Neither do I like to have my picture taken.  However, I've found that our God often asks us to step outside of our comfort zones to accomplish the things he wants us to do.  I've also found that "I can do all things through Him who gives me strength."  (Philippians 4: 13)  This Thanksgiving, and always, He is the only one who is worthy of all of my thanks and praise.
 



Happy Thanksgiving!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Three Weddings and Too Many Funerals

Introducing Anna

A Little Covid