Ready or Not

Finally, the end of the longest week ever!   School started yesterday, but teachers started on Monday, and we had an open house for our students and their families for most of the day on Wednesday.  It was not enough time to get ready for the new school year.

Victoria has pitched in to make my week much easier than it could have been.  She painted lines on the playground, helped move classroom furniture and playground toys, and stuffed folders with essential information for all of our students' families.

The first two days of school went well.  The inevitable criers settled in within a few minutes of arrival, and were smiling by the middle of the morning.  My aides and I worked so hard that we were exhausted by noon on the first day, but our students were enthusiastic and generally well-behaved.

We feel especially blessed to have two new foster grandparents, a husband and wife team, in our preschool program this year.  It is always a joy to have foster grandparents who pitch right in to do what needs to be done, with a minimum of direction.  Their natural instincts are wonderful!  I have enjoyed watching them read to kids and play games with them so easily.  After only two days, I can see how much easier our year will be because they are working with us.

I am tired, but it is a good kind of tired.  I am looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow.  Levi has been threatened with all-day housework if he even thinks about waking me up before I'm ready to get up on my own.

It will be a busy weekend.  Bill wants me to help him finish the garden shed we’ve been building in the backyard, and we need to get ready to celebrate Levi’s eleventh birthday on Sunday.  Then, we will all head back to school on Monday.

A new school year has just begun.  Ready or not, here it comes.  



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Three Weddings and Too Many Funerals

Introducing Anna

A Little Covid