Painting Evie's Garden

Finally, Evie's room is ready; her crib can be moved in as soon as her eye teeth erupt and she is sleeping through the night again.  For the time being, just as a cozy nest is the best place for a baby bird to wait for mama bird to bring a juicy worm, Mom and Dad's room is much more convenient for those inevitable middle-of-the-night awakenings.  Evie will get to sleep in her own room soon enough.



I started painting the mural in Evie's room nearly a month ago, but school preparations intervened.  Finally, on Labor Day, after a couple of weeks of school, I had time to get it done.  

Since both of Tobin's rooms (in the old and new houses) had a farm theme, we wanted Evie's room to coordinate, at least a little, while maintaining a unique atmosphere just for Evelyn.  Tobin was the one who insisted that Evelyn needed pink roses in her room, as well as a scarecrow in the garden.  And, what little girl (especially one with Vawser heritage) doesn't like horses?


I've found that the animals in Evie's room are much more realistic in appearance than the rather cartoonish ones in Toby's room.  The more murals I paint, the more I am becoming comfortable with my own painting style.  I've found out that I prefer to paint animals, and other things, too, with quite a bit of realistic detail.

   

When I first agreed to paint a mural in Toby's nursery, I hadn't planned to make this an on-going tradition.  However, Levi has been talking about the mural he wants to help me paint in his room, and Victoria has mentioned her vision for the murals in her future children's rooms.


It's a good thing that I like this kind of painting.  Perhaps it's time to invest in some new paint brushes.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Three Weddings and Too Many Funerals

Introducing Anna

A Little Covid